Nanny care is nothing but taking care of children at home. Nanny care is done by nannies, babysitters, baby nurses, au pairs and so on. The parents who like to hire a nanny for nanny care can take the help of nanny referral agencies.
A nanny referral agency is responsible for matching nannies with those parents who need child care. It can be a successful and rewarding business. However, it is one’s responsibility to provide matching and qualified nannies to the families.
Tips for starting a nanny referral service:
- Know about the other nanny referral services that have been in existence for a long period. Get to know the information from the websites of those agencies. This also helps in finding local competitors.
- One can get advices and suggestions from those who already have been in the business. However, those who exist in the same area may not provide any help. However, the suggestions can be taken from persons having agencies in a different place.
- One has to find information from many business sources.
- If one buys a franchise and leverage their brand and track record, there are many chances for being a successful business owner. So one need to check if there is a requirement for buying a franchise.
- One can screen candidates, collect the family needs and provide matches. This can be made part-time from home.
- Start advertising and add creativity for starting a nanny-referral agency.
- The start-up expenses are minimal and may be $50. The only investment one needs to keep is for advertisements.
- By working part-time, one can easily earn about $500-$1000 per month. This may vary based on the geographical area.
- Finding the families that have recently relocated to the area. These sort of people become potential clients.
- Gather a pool of nannies and families with an interest to recover the start-up costs with in a month.