An employment agency is helpful to both employers and job seekers. The responsibilities of the agency include interviewing, screening and selecting right candidates for right job positions for the employers. Running an employment agency is a profitable business. Many companies hire employment agencies to help them hire new employees. Great sales can be obtained by the agency business. Here are some things to be known for starting an employment agency.
- Know all the duties that an employment agency. Recruitment, sales, and networking are included in the responsibilities of the agency. Collect all the information as to how they can be done.
- Make a proper business plan which includes targets and objectives, market analysis, mission, sales, pricing, marketing strategies, promotion and distribution strategies, and location of the business.
- Check the financial ability that you can afford. If necessary get details from the Small Business Administration about organizations that could help them in giving loan.
- It is necessary to have some legalities before starting any business. So know all the legal issues related for starting the agency. Know regulation details regarding taxes and licensing from local agencies.
- Decide the location of office for the agency. It is better to choose a location which is convenient for applicants to reach the agency.
- Get a telephone with a business number, copier, scanner and fax machine. Internet access is necessary for the business. So install proper software, website set up and other management tools.
- Maintain proper staff who are professional with recruiting experience. It is based on your staff to make the business successes in providing right jobs and candidates.
- Follow marketing strategies such as newspaper advertisements, online advertisements, direct mailings to organizations, providing brochures and others.
- Conducting job fairs at educational institutions help in attracting many students.
These things can be helpful to a person planning to start employment agency business.