Role of House Keeping Department in Hotels
Posted on April 20, 2011 by Phillip Edwards
The house keeping department plays a vital role in attracting and keeping the guest as it maintains top quality decor and service in the hotel. House keeping is the department which determine to a large extent whether guests are happy during stay. Below are some points that explain in which way house keeping department is important for a hotel:
- The house keeping department in a hotel essentially deals with the cleanliness in a hotel. The guests feel comfortable in a environment which is clean and well ordered.
- The house keeping department also takes care of the rooms in the hotel and it maintains the decorative items in the hotel room in a perfect condition. Some interconnected rooms are also made which will be helpful to the guest and families. Many hotels offer suits to the guest.
- House keeping department also offers laundry, dry cleaning and shoe polishing facilities for the guests.
- Most of the complaints from the customers come to the house keeping department and they are sorted out.
- The house keepers also assists in purchasing of the items required for the hotel and also helps the sales team.
- The hose keeping department also includes gardeners, maintenance men, bellhops, laundry staff and floor managers, as well as, occasionally, customer service professionals.
- This department is also responsible for security, safety and environmental duties such as composting and recycling.
- They also responsible in losing or gaining the reputation for the hotels.
- They also offer specialized service to the guest and play an important role in customer satisfaction.
A guest sends more time in a room than any other area in the hotel, so keeping the room clean is the duty of house keeping department and the satisfied customer visits the hotel again, by this way house keeping department helps to increase the revenue of the hotel.