Many people focus mainly on the design of the website and neglect domain name. However, domain name is significant for the survival of a website because it is the first thing people observe when they come to get into that website. Whether you build a blog or a website, you need to remember certain things when picking for a right domain.
Before picking up a right domain name, you need to know what a domain name is. It is the unique URL of your website. Through this address, Internet users reach your website.
Here are the tips for choosing a domain name:
- Choose a domain name but add “.com” extension to it. Many people type domain name along with .com extension by default.
- Choose a domain which spells easier and shorter. Choose short and simple names to remember and spell easily.
- Always register your organization name as your URL address. People when searching for your site, come with company name in mind. You may also register your product/ services names as your URL addresses.
- Use easy to remember phrases for your URL addresses.
- If you are a professional in write-ups or in consultancies, register your name as URL address to gain the attention of visitors.
- If you are doing business internationally, think of country extensions.
- Avoid using long hyphenated words for URLs. This may confuse visitors searching or trying to get to know your address.
- Never use number substitutes in place of common words for URLs.
- Don’t get confused in using ‘o’ and ‘0’ in domain names.
- The domain names should be unique and memorable.
These tips will help you choose a suitable domain name for your website.