Since its establishment, the United States Small Business Administration (SBA) has been helping small businesses in different forms including financial help – loans, contracts, guarantees for loans, professional and other forms of assistance. SBA encourages healthy growth of small businesses and rewards for good performance every year. Keeping the convention, SBA are soliciting nominations for the awards. You could enter nomination by visiting SBA’s online portal: http://nationalsmallbusinessweek.sba.gov/ for the 2014 National Small Business Week Awards.
Since 1963, the National Small Business Week recognizes outstanding achievements of US small businesses and entrepreneurs. SBA has been continuing its tradition in honoring the nation’s 28 million small businesses for over fifty years.
During these celebrations, the following awards are also to be given:
- National Small Business Person of the Year
- Phoenix Awards
- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year
- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
- The Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence
- SBA 8(a) Graduate of the Year
- Exporter of the Year
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Excellence and Innovation Award
- Women’s Business Center (WBC) of Excellence Award
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award
Nominations can also be sent directly to the SBA District Offices. You can find the list at http://www.sba.gov/districtoffices. All nominations need to be submitted online, postmarked or hand delivered to the SBA on or before Friday, Jan 17, 2014.
The winners of Small Business Person of the Year and other award categories will be invited to Washington, D.C., to attend National Small Business Week events and to compete for national titles.