The Internal Revenue Service announced that they will accept the 2013 business tax returns on January 13, 2014. This applies for both electronic-filled and paper-filled.
Business returns include any return that posts on the IRS Business Master File (BMF). These BMF returns include a variety of income tax and information returns such as:
- Federal form 1120 (Corporations)
- Federal form 1120S (S corporations)
- Federal form 1065 (Partnerships or entities taxed as partnerships)
- Federal form 1041 (Trusts and estates)
- Federal form 720 (Excise)
- Federal form 940 (FUTA)
- Federal form 941 (FICA)
- Federal form 2290 (Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax)
Note: This does not apply to businesses (sole proprietors, landlords and farmers) who report their income on the individual income tax form. They have to wait to file until January 23, 2014.
Sources – Tax-news.com, Forbes